Qualification: a general understanding of common bookkeeping and accounting practices, no accounting designation is required but preferred.
Length of term: 2+ years.
NOTE: Would be appropriate to be mentored in this position for a year prior to taking full responsibility.
- Receive all monies collected by / for our CYCA Events / Programs, that have been deposited electronically into the CYCA bank account
- Keeps proper records as directed by the CYCA Board
- Presents a financial report at each Board meeting containing a synopsis of the CYCA bank statements for both the General, Casino and Kingsmith Accounts
- Presents a full detailed account and financial statements for the Annual General Meeting. Self-prepared where possible, and if not, then with the contracted Accounting Professional.
- Files or directs the Accounting Professional to file financial statements and records to the appropriate bodies to fulfill Society Act Obligations
- Issue Volunteer Refunds at the end of the season.
- Provide budget meeting information for the President
- Pick up mail / correspondence from the Calgary Curling Club
- Is cheque signing authority
- Renew Board of Directors Insurance yearly
* role description is subject to change, to suit the occupant of the position