Social Media Ambassador
Qualification: Great organizational skills, comfortable with Social Media outlets.
- The successful applicant is expected to complete a one-year term as the CYCA Social Media Ambassador (SMA). The objective is to become a viable source for communicating current events and information specific to Junior Curling in southern Alberta to create and maintain a social network for interested curlers, using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Will work closely with the Coordinator/Facilitator and Webmaster to be sure evengs are out and published on time.
- Try to grow the number of followers in the Social Media world.
* role description is subject to change, to suit the occupant of the position
The successful applicant is expected to complete a one-year term as the CYCA Social Media Ambassador (SMA). The objective is to engage through social media with the curling community. More specifically to promote: CYCA events, U15/U18/U21 Curling in Southern Alberta and share curling’s ‘hot topics’.
The SMA shall communicate through social media including (but not limited to): Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Target audience includes current/past/potential youth curlers, parents, coaches, students, teachers, competitive curlers, recreational curlers, fans, curling club staff and any others interested in youth curling.
It would be preferred that the candidate be a current member of junior curling.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE ROLE:
- Be aware of and communicate upcoming CYCA programs and events
- Work closely with the CYCA Coordinator / Facilitator and Web-master to be sure events are out and published on time.
- Be aware of and communicate junior curling activities in the Calgary area or involving Calgary area curlers in both gender categories
- Support and encourage the junior curling community with information, tips, etc
- Communicate with members in a supportive and encouraging manner to promote curling.
- Use appropriate language & tone for young people and families
SPECIFIC TARGETS TO ATTAIN :
|Likes: 274||Target by end of contract: 300|
|Followers: 417||Target by end of contract: 450|
|Followers: 152||Target by end of contract: 200|
- Connect with a minimum of 60% of current Sunday League participants/families
- Minimum of 3 posts monthly (between all 3 platforms)
- Attend minimum of 1 CYCA Board meeting in each the Fall (Sept – Dec 20120 and Spring (Jan – April 2021)
Upon successfully fulfilling the criteria outlined for the position of SMA the applicant will receive an honorarium in the amount of $500.00 at the end of their term as Social Media Ambassador (SMA).
Printable version of SMA Job Posting